New Overtime Rules Effective January 1: How to Comply
On September 24, 2019, the Department of Labor (DOL) published final rules that will increase the minimum salary required to be exempt from overtime. Employers have until January 1, 2020 to comply.
The DOL estimates that approximately 1.2 million workers will be impacted by the change. If you have employees that will be affected, do you have a plan in place to comply?
In this 30-minute presentation, we cover:
- An overview of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Exempt vs. non-exempt status
- The DOL's changes to exemption criteria
- New minimum salary requirements effective January 1, 2020
- Options for complying with the final rules
- How the final rules impact policies and practices related to after-hours work, overtime and time tracking